Go Back   UnKnoWnCheaTs - Multiplayer Game Hacking and Cheats

• My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag
    sponsored advertisements

My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag
    Old 8th August 2009, 06:01 AM   #1
    PerXr

PerXr is about to stop their Leeching
    My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag

Well I'm just throwing together a guide that may help some people get better FPS and smoother game play. Results aren't a sure thing, but this should help a lot of people.

1. DEFRAG, DEFRAG, DEFRAG - Go get yourself a free defraging utility off the internet and start that baby up. Defragmenting basically makes things faster to acess and easier to find for your PC. This should give a boost to all PCs who haven't been cleaned in a few weeks.

2. Update your drivers - Updating your drivers should give you a boost because most new updates eliminate bugs and make your program more compatible and allow them to run more smoothly with modern games.

3. Stop all unimportant processes- Most of the time we don't need half of the processes being used while we are playing games. Shutting of unused processes frees up memory and allows more power for your game. I don't recommend shutting off anything that you aren't sure of what it is. A decent program that turns unused processes for gaming is called Game Booster 1.2. Try it out it might give your PC the boost you need.

4. Need a little boost? - This is something I figured out while messing around. If you change the resolution of your desktop to lower it seems to give a 5 to 10 FPS boost in-game. I'm not sure if it will work for you but it's worth a try!

5. Using wireless? - Many wireless connections are slow and don't have great signal strength. Try tweaking your router at 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.1 . You can change many useful options that could give you better MBPS and better signal strength.

6. Anti-virus - Many modern antivirus programs, with exceptions, slow down your PC.....a lot! Turn off your antivirus before launching a game, but remember to re-enable before browsing the web and download things again.

7. Give your game a higher priority! - Go to task manager and right click on your game under the process list. Set the priority level to above normal or real time to give it a boost that is almost always noticeable.

8. Do a disk cleanup - You may be surprised what a disk cleanup can do for your FPS. It eliminates junk and useless files that could be bogging down your PC.

9. Overheating - After many hours of game play some PCs tend to overheat. When a PC overheats it lowers it performance to try to cool down. Try opening up the case, removing some of that nasty dust and place a fan on it to allow for more hours of fun game play.

10. Experiment - No one knows your PC better than you. Try different options and see how they impact your game play. Before tweaking things, however, always remember how to change them back if you don;t like the results.

BTW feel free to give us some of your tips =)

Last edited by PerXr; 8th August 2009 at 06:05 AM.

Old 8th August 2009, 06:11 AM   #2
    Jesus.
    Follow me children

Jesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UC
    Recognitions Award symbolizing a retired staff member who dedicated a notable amount of time and effort to their past staff position. Former Staff
    Members who have contributed financial support towards UnKnoWnCheaTs. Donator (2)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PerXr View Post

9. Overheating - After many hours of game play some PCs tend to overheat. When a PC overheats it lowers it performance to try to cool down. Try opening up the case, removing some of that nasty dust and place a fan on it to allow for more hours of fun game play.
    hahahaha yes i have def had to do this in the past.

Old 8th August 2009, 06:41 AM   #3
    Winslow
    Retired Administrator

Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!Winslow has a huge epeen!
    Points: 214,129, Level: 59 Points: 214,129, Level: 59 Points: 214,129, Level: 59
    Level up: 14%, 279,871 Points needed
    Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
    Activity: 0%
    Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
    Last Achievements My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag
    Nice list, however sometimes giving your game a higher priority may get you kicked by pb for service communication error or some crap. :P

Old 8th August 2009, 06:45 AM   #4
    CallMeEclipse
    Hacked North Korea

CallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating communityCallMeEclipse is a legend in the cheating community
    Recognitions Award symbolizing a retired staff member who dedicated a notable amount of time and effort to their past staff position. Former Staff
    Members who have contributed financial support towards UnKnoWnCheaTs. Donator (1)
    Points: 36,285, Level: 28 Points: 36,285, Level: 28 Points: 36,285, Level: 28
    Level up: 99%, 15 Points needed
    Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
    Last Achievements My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag
    also, go into the CMD and do;

Code:
    tree <drive>
    i.e.
    Code:
    tree C:\
    that basically indexes your files, letting windows know where they all are, speeds up performence.

(12:07:17 AM) uNrEaL: One man's slap in the face is another man's slit throat

Old 8th August 2009, 06:51 AM   #5
    R00T88
    .:: dwHook ::.

R00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating communityR00T88 is a legend in the cheating community
    Members who have contributed financial support towards UnKnoWnCheaTs. Donator (1)
    Points: 26,747, Level: 23 Points: 26,747, Level: 23 Points: 26,747, Level: 23
    Level up: 74%, 453 Points needed
    Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
    Last Achievements My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag
    thank you for this advice

anyway

Quote:
    2. Update your drivers - Updating your drivers should give you a boost because most new updates eliminate bugs and make your program more compatible and allow them to run more smoothly with modern games.
    this is not always true... sometimer ald driver works better than new one

Old 8th August 2009, 01:26 PM   #6
    learn_more
    Retired Administrator

learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!learn_more has a huge epeen!
    Recognitions Members who have contributed financial support towards UnKnoWnCheaTs. Donator (48)
    Award symbolizing a retired staff member who dedicated a notable amount of time and effort to their past staff position. Former Staff
    Awarded to members who have donated 10 times or more. Gratuity (4)
    Points: 255,107, Level: 59 Points: 255,107, Level: 59 Points: 255,107, Level: 59
    Level up: 26%, 238,893 Points needed
    Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
    Last Achievements My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag
    Award-Showcase My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag
    router can also be at:

Old 8th August 2009, 02:15 PM   #7
    CRYSIS2000
    Hacker Supreme

CRYSIS2000 is about to stop their Leeching
    Quote:
    Idk why but whenever i open up my PC's case i never find much dust in it..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoomgod View Post
    Damn, PB working weekends now, that didn't last long.

Old 8th August 2009, 02:26 PM   #8
    PerXr

Threadstarter
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRYSIS2000 View Post
    Idk why but whenever i open up my PC's case i never find much dust in it..
    I'm sorry bot your computer is broken and needs to be repaired ASAP. My advice to go into the dryer and find all the lint you can, stuff that on the case and you should be good and up to date with the rest of us.

Old 8th August 2009, 02:46 PM   #9
    ZoX
    Level 3

ZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating communityZoX is a legend in the cheating community
    Points: 16,725, Level: 17 Points: 16,725, Level: 17 Points: 16,725, Level: 17
    Level up: 24%, 1,075 Points needed
    Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
    Quote:
    I'm sorry bot your computer is broken and needs to be repaired ASAP. My advice to go into the dryer and find all the lint you can, stuff that on the case and you should be good and up to date with the rest of us.
    lol

Old 8th August 2009, 03:16 PM   #10
    disco
    Gathering Stories

Members who have contributed financial support towards UnKnoWnCheaTs. Donator (3)
    nice list bro, glad to see you taking part!

The skyline was beautiful on fire.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    X-Fire | IRC | Rules | Staff | Downloads | Tutorials

Old 8th August 2009, 04:53 PM   #11
    PerXr

Threadstarter
    No problem I love to help out =)

Old 8th August 2009, 07:11 PM   #12
    CRYSIS2000
    Hacker Supreme

CRYSIS2000 is about to stop their Leeching
    Quote:
    Lettin u know that my computer is at its best, bro

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoomgod View Post
    Damn, PB working weekends now, that didn't last long.

Old 9th August 2009, 12:43 AM   #13
    disco
    Gathering Stories

Members who have contributed financial support towards UnKnoWnCheaTs. Donator (3)
    Quote:
    8. Do a disk cleanup - You may be surprised what a disk cleanup can do for your FPS. It eliminates junk and useless files that could be bogging down your PC.
    along with using the Disk Cleanup tool provided by Windows, i HIGHLY recommend CCleaner. excellent program for clearing temp stuff and old registry keys

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Old 9th August 2009, 01:29 AM   #14
    PerXr

Threadstarter
    I agree with d!$c0 that is a very good cleaner and is extremely safe to use unlike some of the other registry cleaners.

Old 9th August 2009, 03:09 AM   #15
    SEGnosis
    Hacked North Korea

SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!SEGnosis has reputation that takes up 2GB of server space!
    Points: 90,129, Level: 43 Points: 90,129, Level: 43 Points: 90,129, Level: 43
    Level up: 68%, 1,471 Points needed
    Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
    11. Delete your terabyte of Asian pron

Old 9th August 2009, 04:42 AM   #16
    Jesus.
    Follow me children

Jesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UCJesus. Will always be a legend at UC
    Members who have contributed financial support towards UnKnoWnCheaTs. Donator (2)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ╙─Ѥ Ƙeӳ View Post
    11. Delete your terabyte of Asian pron
    worst idea yet.

Old 9th August 2009, 05:10 AM   #17
    Kiwinz
    Hacked North Korea

Kiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server spaceKiwinz 's rep takes up 1 gig of server space
    Recognitions Members who have contributed financial support towards UnKnoWnCheaTs. Donator (2)
    Award symbolizing a retired staff member who dedicated a notable amount of time and effort to their past staff position. Former Staff
    Points: 34,539, Level: 28 Points: 34,539, Level: 28 Points: 34,539, Level: 28
    Level up: 27%, 1,761 Points needed
    Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
    Quote:
    Laptops are very Prone to Overheating... Like my old one

Old 9th August 2009, 12:02 PM   #18
    disco
    Gathering Stories

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiwinz View Post
    Laptops are very Prone to Overheating... Like my old one
    oh yeah. mine sure it. i just got a Zalman cooler. works nicely!

Old 9th August 2009, 01:16 PM   #19
    HOOAH07
    R4V3R 4 L1F3

HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!HOOAH07 has a huge epeen!
    Points: 105,975, Level: 47 Points: 105,975, Level: 47 Points: 105,975, Level: 47
    Level up: 4%, 4,725 Points needed
    Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
    Activity: 2.3%
    Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
    Last Achievements My Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less LagMy Ten Tips to Better FPS and Less Lag
    Quote:
    I agree with d!$c0 that is a very good cleaner and is extremely safe to use unlike some of the other registry cleaners.
    only safe if you know what your doing,
    i jsut loaded it up a few days ago to clean registry,
    said loads of problems even extensions like .mp3 and stuff,
    i didnt take notice and fixed them all then movies and mps'3 wouldn't work,
    had no sound either lol had to reinstall the back up registry file lol

°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸ MONKEY „ø¤º°¨

„ø¤º°¨ FOREVER `°º¤ø...
    xTc charging me up like a battery, Like 1000 volts rushing through my body

Old 9th August 2009, 03:43 PM   #20
    juniorv8
    God-Like

juniorv8 is becoming A true Rep whorejuniorv8 is becoming A true Rep whorejuniorv8 is becoming A true Rep whore
    Quote:
    1. DEFRAG, DEFRAG, DEFRAG - Go get yourself a free defraging utility off the internet and start that baby up. Defragmenting basically makes things faster to acess and easier to find for your PC. This should give a boost to all PCs who haven't been cleaned in a few weeks.
    Weeks? damn i havent done mine in months, plus my desktop has every spot filled with icons, not to mention icons going outside the screen lol, i should really start cleaning, my fps been going low.